We want to say, unreservedly, that enough is enough. We want to condemn racism out loud.
We want to say that the color of your skin should not determine how you are treated in this world.
The past week has been challenging for many of us. We were faced with multiple reminders that in our country, racism is very real and that the black community is in a constant struggle to be regarded as equals and treated with fairness. The threat and use of force on black bodies is, unfortunately, a daily reality.
RedPeg is driven by principles that encourage us to celebrate diversity and use our voices to make a real impact in people’s lives. Every day we aim to make it mean more for our colleagues, and to our clients.
How you can make it mean more:
- Speak out: Use your voice to publicly object to the persistent injustices against black communities. There is strength in numbers. Ally-ship is extremely important.
- Be actively Anti-Racist: Call out racism whenever you encounter it…with your family, friends, colleagues. Silence is complicity.
- Donate: Consider donating to a charity that is focused on supporting the fight against racism, including:
- George Floyd Memorial Fund, Official GoFundMe to support the Floyd family
- Minnesota Freedom Fund, Community-based nonprofit that pays criminal bail and immigration bonds for individuals who have been arrested while protesting police brutality
- Black Visions Collective, A black, trans, and queer-led organization that is committed to dismantling systems of oppression and violence, and shifting the public narrative to create transformative, long-term change
- Reclaim the Block, Coalition that advocates for and invests in community-led safety initiatives in Minneapolis neighborhoods
- Campaign Zero, Online platform and organization that utilizes research-based policy solutions to end police brutality in America