Happy World Values Day! A day to dive into what matters most to us, what motivates and guides us. And since the global theme of World Values Day this year is Values for Community, what better time to reflect on a shared sense of what we care about.
At RedPeg, we have eight core values. I believe that they serve as guiding beacons to elevate a group of talented individuals as a successful unit. Our core values include:
- We engage everyone with a Service Mentality.
- We are Unifiers.
- We are relentless in our Pursuit of Excellence.
- We are Committed to Growth.
- We cultivate an environment built on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- We create Innovative Solutions.
- We take Extreme Ownership.
- We are ONE TEAM.
We like to pop-quiz on our values around the office to make sure they’re never out of sight. But, if there are too many words to remember, I think the last one is the biggest one. It’s in all-caps for a reason.
The first seven core values each pack a punch. We embrace and celebrate them individually, most notably with our PegSTAR awards, where all of RedPeg votes on which of their colleagues best represented each value every quarter. But if I had to pick a favorite (and don’t tell the others) it would be that we are ONE TEAM.
What does being ONE TEAM mean? It means striving to serve others, solving their problems and bringing positivity to the table. It means knowing that collaboration will always bring us to a more creative place, and a stronger solution. It means admitting mistakes and learning from them. It means welcoming all perspectives and trusting that we’re better with a more diverse point of view.
Babe Ruth, Hall of Famer and longtime New York Yankee, said it best: “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.”
In short, as someone who oversees our company culture and hiring efforts, I’m devoted to making RedPeg more and more like the Yankees. (Kidding, kind of.)
What I am dedicated to is bringing people on board who are kind, smart, experienced, and enthusiastic — while also ensuring that they align with our core values. We are only as strong as our shared successes. We are only at our best when we are ONE TEAM.
So today, take a moment to reflect on what matters most to you, and how it can better your community. With RedPeg’s values in mind, you could start by asking yourself:
- What can I do to make someone else’s day easier, better, or brighter?
- How can I make my team feel more supported and connected?
- Are there any details of a “completed” task that can be improved upon today?
- Where in my life can I strive to improve, professionally or personally?
- How can I create space for diverse voices and equitable representation?
- What problems need to be addressed today, and how can I think outside the box?
- Are there hiccups I have encountered that have resulted in lessons I can share?
I know whichever value you select will enrich your community and bring you one step closer to being ONE TEAM.
CFO & COO | Connect with Eric